Extrusion coating and laminating
Our Finishing department has a fully automated extrusion coating and laminating line. Technical textiles – woven fabrics and nonwovens - receive an additional treatment, namely the application of a coating layer such as PP, LDPE, LLDPE, EVA or other polymers.
This extrusion coating process makes a fabric waterproof, flame resistant, antistatic and printable. The coating also offers protection against wind, water, cold and chemicals. In addition we are equipped for extrusion laminating, bringing two carriers together with an adhesive extruded layer.
The extrusion coating process is a process in which a liquid coating layer is fixed on a woven or nonwoven fabric. This extruded layer can be applied on one side, two sides or even multi-layer.
Line Equipment Capabilities
- Possible on woven and nonwoven PP, PE, PES fabrics
- Coating layers in PP, PE, LDPE, LLDPE, EVA. Optional UV stabilisator.
- Colours: transparent, white transparent, white, black (25-30 g/m²), other colours on demand (min 60 g/m²)
- One-side, two sides, multi-layer
- Coatings of min 25-30 g/m² up to 450 g/m²
- Width: from 2 meters to 4 meters
- Length: one cutting in length on the coating line is possible.
- Supplementary cutting is possible on a separate line, with up to 6 cutters in width.
- Printing: 3x in the width; print dimensions are limited to 9 cm x 50 cm; the print is repeated each 60 cm; monocolour in black, white, grey, green or blue
Within the laminating process, the extruded melt is used as an adhesive layer between 2 fabrics in order to produce composite structures.
Automotive | Packaging | Geotextiles | Construction | Landscaping | Agriculture